I'm quite pleased with the result and am grateful for the useful advice I've received on TMP and Pulp Alley Forums.
The painting was largely inspired by this thread on painting stonework on TMP.
Details to come include:
- crafting a sacrificial alter to sit on the summit of the temple
- some more shading on the stairs
- a little dry brushing to knock back the colours used to highlight different tones among the stones
- possibly one final wash to help define the shadows a little more
- adding some moss/lichen to increase the 'lost ruin in the jungle' look